MainsBack to recipe list
Butternut Squash Risotto
Serving Size: 4
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 40 Min
Total Time: 50 Min
Add a dollop of yogourt to your next risotto to add creaminess, richness and calcium. The blend of butternut squash and yogourt creates a smooth and luscious flavour, which can be enjoyed as a main course or alongside your favourite meat.
1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp (15 mL) Lactantia unsalted butter
1 small Spanish onion, chopped
1 cup (288 g) Arborio rice
½ cup (125 mL) dry white wine
4 cups (900 mL) low sodium vegetable stock
¼ cup (64 mL) Astro Original Balkan Plain 6% yogourt
1½ cup (450 g) fresh or frozen butternut squash chunks
¼ cup (22 g) Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly chopped sage
Salt and pepper
- Pour stock into a small saucepan and heat over low heat, keep warm while making risotto.
Melt Lactantia butter with olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the Arborio rice and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook, stirring until evaporated. Add 2 cups of stock and butternut squash, stir until liquid has evaporated. Add an additional 1 cup of stock, continue to stir until evaporated. Continue adding stock and stirring until Arborio rice is al dente and creamy. Stir in Astro Original yogourt, Parmesan cheese and sage. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve risotto as a main or side dish with an extra sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Calories per serving: 332.3, Fat 8.6 grams, Cholesterol 12.4 mg, Sodium 612.1 mg, Carbohydrates 51.9 grams, Fibre 4.5 grams, Sugar 2.3 grams, Protein 11 grams
- One serving provides 148% of the % Daily Value of Vitamin A thanks to butternut squash.
- Astro Original yogourt adds a rich and creamy texture with added Calcium.
- One serving contains 30% of the % Daily Value of Vitamin C.
Nutritional information is based on an average 2,000 calorie a day diet. Any product substitutions will alter the nutritional information.
For more great recipes visit astro.ca