BreakfastBack to recipe list
Honey Strawberry Yogourt Muffins
Serving Size: 12 Muffins
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min
Total Time: 40 Min
Astro Original French Vanilla yogourt replaces granulated sugar in this delicious morning muffin recipe. Muffins are a great grab and go breakfast. Best of all, you don't need a crowd to enjoy them, leftover muffins can be store in the freezer for up to 2 months and reheated in the microwave for a quick snack.
1 cup (250 mL) bran cereal
1⅓ cup (325 mL) Astro Original Balkan French Vanilla yogourt
1 egg white
½ cup (125 mL) honey
1 cup (250 mL) Lactantia skim milk
½ cup (125 mL) Lactantia Healthy Attitude margarine, melted
1¼ cup (300 mL) whole wheat flour
1¼ cup (300 mL) all purpose flour
1½ tsp (7.5 mL) baking powder
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
1½ cups (375 mL) sliced strawberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190°C). Lightly grease a muffin pan with Lactantia Healthy Attitude margarine or line with paper wrappers.
Combine cereal with Astro Original yogourt and let stand 5 minutes. Add egg white, honey, milk and melted Lactantia margarine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
Add cereal mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in strawberries.
- Fill greased muffin tins and bake 25 to 30 minutes until set and golden in colour. Cool on a baking rack. Freezes well.
Calories per muffin: 369.3, Fat 8.4 grams, Cholesterol 9.5 mg, Sodium 469.6 mg, Carbohydrates 68.3 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Sugar 23 grams, Protein 11.2 grams
- Each muffin contains 41.7% recommended daily intake of Vitamin B12.
- Whole wheat fibre and bran boost fibre making this an excellent snack aid digestion.
- Strawberries are a natural source of Vitamin C, each muffin contains 36% of a daily recommended intake for an average 2,000 calorie a day diet.
Nutritional information is based on an average 2,000 calorie a day diet. Any product substitutions will alter the nutritional information.
For more great recipes visit astro.ca