DessertsBack to recipe list
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
Cook time: 55 minutes
This delicious cake is perfect for the peanut butter lover!
3/4 cup (175mL) Lactantia® butter, softened
1/2 cup (125mL) natural smooth peanut butter
1 cup (250mL) granulated sugar
2 tsp (10mL) vanilla extract
11/2cup (375 mL) Astro® Original Balkan 6% Plain Yogourt
1/2 tsp (2mL) baking soda
3 cups (750mL) all purpose flour
3 tsp (15mL) baking powder
1/2 cup (125mL) unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
1/2 cup (125mL) dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup (60mL) Astro® Original Vanilla 4% Yogourt
2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar
2 tbsp (30 mL) natural smooth peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease a 10-inch (3 L) Bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each.
3. In a small bowl, whisk yogourt and baking soda; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture and yogourt mixture alternately to butter mixture, beating on low speed until just incorporated.
4. Spoon half the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate chips evenly on top of the batter; spoon remaining batter on top and level with a spoon
5. Bake for 55 minutes or until tester inserted into the middle of the cake come out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Turn out onto rack to cool completely.
6. Drizzle: In a small bowl, combine yogourt, icing sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Drizzle over cake and serve.
Tips: Sprinkle icing with chopped peanuts for added crunch!
Exchange peanuts and peanut butter with almonds and almond butter for a wonderful version of this cake!
Calories per serving: 490, Fat: 28 grams, Cholesterol: 80mgs, Sodium: 320mgs, Carbohydrates: 50 grams, Sugar: 24 grams, Protein: 11 grams
-One serving contains 20% of the % Daily Value of Vitamin A
-One serving contains 15% of the % Daily Value of Iron
For more great recipes visit astro.ca