Back to Recipes
Serving Size: Makes 10 bites | Prep Time:10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Snacks
- 750g Astro® Original Balkan Plain 0% yogourt
- 2 tsp salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- Line a sieve large enough to hold yogourt with double-lined cheesecloth and set over a bowl. Stir Astro Original Balkan Plain 0% yogourt with salt in the container, then pour into prepared sieve. Refrigerate for about 12 hours.
- Pour oil into a medium pot until it reaches 2 in. up the side. Clip a deep-fry thermometer to the side. Heat over medium until temperature reaches 350ºF. Adjust heat as necessary to keep temperature at 350ºF during cooking.
- Stir panko and oregano on a plate. Place flour on a separate plate. Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Drain yogourt mixture and discard liquid. Divide yogourt into 10 even portions, rolling each into a ball. Coat each ball with flour, then egg, then panko mixture. (If balls are not fried immediately, reroll in remaining panko mixture just prior to frying).
- Add to hot oil and fry until golden, about 3 min. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve warm with an herbed garlic tomato sauce or pizza sauce.